So, I just joined this forum today. I had no earthly idea something like this existed. However, I'm glad I have found it when I did. Let me explain.
For the past few years, having a greater interest in politics and American government in general, I have come to admire Reagan. So I was gravely disappointed this year in my high school AP US History class when the book and the standards failed to emphasize some of Reagan's strengths. Really the only material covered within the book, was a small section cut out to squeeze in Reaganomics.
However, I found an opportunity to talk about Reagan. I was searching through scholarships and found one I could NOT pass up. I usually try and avoid scholarships of this nature, just because it gets obnoxious to others in my Facebook and Twitter streams. The only requirements for this one was to make a video expressing who I thought was the "Best" President the United States ever had. I had to put it my submission on Reagan. Shockingly for a while I remained the only submission under Reagan. Many choosing FDR, Abraham Lincoln, or President Obama. Even after 65 submission (more pouring in day after day), there includes only 4 other Reagan entries excluding my own. However, there is good news. I am a front runner in the competition, finding myself in the top 5 with two FDR, a George Washington, and a W.H.Harrison. Another accomplishment to my book, is I'm the ONLY high school student holding strong in the top 5. Now before I lose you with my rambling on and on, let me get to the point. I need to get votes. The first round is entirely voted and I must acquire enough to stay in the Top 5 until June 21. If I am able to reach that level, I move on to a second round of private judges. What I am asking of all the Reagan supporters who may see this, please take a minute and vote. Open the link and follow the simple steps I'm about to list below. It takes one simple vote from you to help keep pushing me and the legacy of President Reagan to the 2nd round..
1.Open The Link
2. *Optional* To know what you're voting for you can watch my video and read my essay which you will find on this page.
3. Find and select the yellow "Pick Me" button near the middle of the page.
4. A box will appear and ask you to sign in. I believe you can sign in through Facebook or Twitter. If not, you can just enter an email. I'm sorry for this hinderance, that was not my choice.
5. Once you have signed in, it will pull up another asking if you'd like to share the link or what not. This is up to you.
6. just make sure the "Pick Me" box now shows a "Thank you for voting" message.
I greatly appriciate anyone who takes the time to do this. You have no idea. I've pestered my friends to death, and needed to find another market. I know you guys can help me out.