A few days ago, I had a lengthy argument with someone (a very liberal Democrat) over the recent Supreme Court decision on the Healthcare Bill or Obama-care. After a dizzying hour long debate I felt that I would have gotten a better response from a brick wall.
No matter which argument to support the repeal of Obamacare I chose from this lady would not listen:
- the increase of taxes upon your Medicare deductions and individual premiums.
- the enclosure of hidden laws within the bill such as RFID implants.
- that the bill will hurt small businesses. Who will hire someone, even if they really need them, if they can't afford another person on a company health insurance plan?
- how there are provisions that strengthen the Patriot Act and Homeland Security in clear violation of the Bill of Rights.
- how the bill will force States already in the red further in debt.
- how our national debt will skyrocket.
- the cost for medical devices will go up.
- there is no 'choice' in the health care plan.
- that I am healthy and should not be forced to buy insurance if I don't want it.
- more importantly, your "free" healthcare is actually not free. You still pay for it and now at a higher price.
Her counter argument was that "its good for you" and I should be happy with that. She also added that she "had six children and needed the insurance".
How her having 6 children, which I feel is very irresponsible, should have health insurance out of the taxes of other people is still beyond me. She should have probably stopped at 2.
Of course, when I stated that President Obama lied about making his health care coverage mandatory (he originally, in debates with Senator Clinton, said it wouldn't be) I was called a "racist".
Her answers were illogical but then so is the Democratic Party which thinks short-term and not long-term. All this lady did was repeat Pelosi-propaganda statements.
As Forrest Gump said, Stupid is as Stupid Does although I think I should have listened to the Biblical proverb that says "he who argues with a fool is a fool".